Discover Your Full Potential Via My Coaching Clinic
Welcome to your new abundant life! I’m so glad you’re here. My name is Dr. Kim, life/success coach, health behavior scientist and gerontologist. I offer 1:1 and group coaching for organizations (conferences and workplaces) and individuals struggling with life transitions and finding the time and energy for self-care because they’re too busy attending to the needs of others. The coaching is part of my Byte-Size Wellness Academy, an online wellness self-coaching program equipped with curated video mind-body micro-breaks, video mini-courses and downloadable resources about self-care, healthy eating, sleep hygiene, and mindfulness.
Now, wait… if this sounds overwhelming or too academic, rest assured that I am not a stuffy scientist who will coach you through life transitions and optimal health solely through hard data. I’m on a mission to make self-care and self-discovery easy and accessible - one micro-step, one byte at a time.
I embody wellness: yogi (200-hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher), mindfulness maven (trained in mindfulness-based stress reduction), dance diva (salsa, west coast swing), exercise enthusiast and instructor (pole walking, bone fitness, diabetes, chronic disease and older adult exercise), and a certified life coach through former monk-turned-author and life coach, Jay Shetty Certification School.
If you’d like to know more about my academic/professional background, here it is:
- Ph.D. in Community Health from the University of Toronto where I was an adjunct professor
- Former National Cancer Institute of Canada postdoctoral fellow
- MS in Exercise and Health Studies (Miami University)
- Bachelor of Physical Education (University of British Columbia)
- Worked at renowned hospitals, including University Health Network, the largest hospital-based research program in Canada
- Consulted to pharmaceutical companies and health organizations about the patient disease journey experience
- Professional speaker (virtual and in-person) for the meetings and hospitality industry, human resources, associations and workplaces.
My byte-size wellness® approach is the culmination of my 25-year research career in health and exercise promotion, disease management, aging, addictions and tobacco control. And I am now adding life coaching into the mix!
SO WHAT IS LIFE COACHING?
Coaching is a collaboration between the Coach and the Client to help clients create their best selves – be it at work, in relationships, and in their everyday lives. Coaches provide a sounding board and ask thought-provoking questions that guide clients to identify their goals and obstacles holding them back, discover their passions, and create byte-size strategies and solutions to achieve long-lasting change. The result: living a happier, more abundant life full of meaning, purpose and joy.
YOU'RE IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT!
To explain the process of personal coaching, we'll use the metaphor of driving a car. Say, you've driven your car into a ditch (i.e. you're feeling stuck, overwhelmed, lost, alone, lonely, unfulfilled, bored, complacent, regret, etc.). You, the client, are in the driver’s seat, ready and able to embark on the road trip but you need help figuring out how to go from "ditch to destination." The coach is in the passenger's seat and guides the client along a journey from present to future.
Some clients have a vision or dream but feel like they're "spinning their wheels" or driving in the fog. A good coach will help clients reach their goals faster and with more clarity.
So, instead of delving into the past (“coulda, shoulda, woulda” talk) and giving directions and mapping out the road trip for the client, a good coach:
- Encourages and supports clients in driving their own car
- Co-creates a roadmap with their client to help them navigate transitions and uncharted territory
- Unpacks the root of the problem and the obstacles that lie in the way of change
- Guides their client to help them overcome roadblocks (such as mindset, limiting beliefs)
- Works with their client to plan the path ahead
- Ultimately helps their client uncover their full potential so they can confidently make their way forward.
The mantra is: The client is whole, complete and resourceful through the coaching journey.
WHAT MAKES MY COACHING STYLE UNIQUE
What's the real secret about changing your life?
It’s not about making resolutions or grand gestures – it’s actually the opposite: Micro-steps! With my thought-provoking questions and specific formula of byte-size micro steps, you will step outside your comfort zone and uncover your inner wisdom in order to become the person you are truly meant to be.
And FYI …. I don’t lead your typical coaching sessions. My sessions are highly interactive and guaranteed to get you to “eat, sleep, move, breathe” wellness in real time.
So, instead of Zoom calls you will:
- Walk with me over virtual walk & talk coaching sessions,
- Practice role playing and visualizations to put insights into action,
- Meal prep and/or grocery shop together in order to invoke nutritious & healthy eating,
- Shake it out and dance like no one is watching,
- Open your heart and mind with yoga and mindfulness practices,
- Strengthen your body and mind with ballet barre and "deskercises."
Don't let another month go by without investing in your future; get onto my WAITLIST today and I’ll be in touch with you shortly with next steps. Looking forward to connecting with you!
WHY CHOOSE ME AS YOUR COACH?
There are a lot of personal and business coaches out there - so why select me?
Here are a few reasons:
- Academic Training: By trade and training, I am a social scientist with a long standing career in academia and research.
- Inspiration: You will grow as I inquire and inspire while taking you along an adventurous journey of self-discovery, self-love and emotional literacy.
- Intuition: You will benefit from my intuitive nature and feel listened to as I will be fully present with you during our sessions together.
- Moving Beyond Now: I create a safe space to explore, listen deeply, empathize with people in transition and in trauma and pain, and help you discover and live your full potential.
- Compassionate Self-Acceptance: With my guidance and years of experience, I will help you disentangle complex topics, see and hear what is hidden and unsaid, name your emotions, identify core values, set boundaries, make mind-body connections, and practice self-compassion. This will lead you to a place where you can more clearly see what is right for you moving forward.
My journey: You see, I’ve been through enough of my own transitions (two-time divorcee, empty nester, caregiver for an aging parent with dementia; endured extreme loneliness and grief around the death of a parent, dog and marriage) and my own therapy, professional coaching and yoga training, culminating in a recent sabbatical from my own self-care business in order to take care of myself and put my mental health and myself first. So, I understand life challenges and mindset roadblocks and cannot wait to hold your hand and guide you along your journey inward and forward.
What You’ll Gain through my Specialized Micro-Step Coaching Program:
- Learn the secret to managing and balancing energy - not time - in order to achieve high-level wellness, full engagement and peak performance.
- Embody self-care: Put yourself and your health first so that you can more effectively take care of others.
- Discover how to live a more harmonious, resilient and revitalized life.
- Reignite your passion, purpose, and joy in your personal life and in your relationships.
- Hone your creativity in order to explore new options & directions forward.
- Practice and prioritize self-discovery and self-love to create a more balanced, fulfilled and peaceful life.
- Kick-start healthy habits to boost immunity and vitality.
- Receive the gifts of presence, equanimity and compassion and pay it forward with others.
In Addition to These Benefits,You’ll Also Receive:
Access to Byte-Size Wellness Academy, an online wellness self-coaching program that includes:
- Video mini-courses and printable worksheets that allow you to hone in on self-care, discover healthier eating, and improve your sleep hygiene.
- Library of short stretch, deskercises, yoga and mindfulness video breaks to use as restorative, energy boosters during your busy workdays.
- Digital wellness resource center packed with wellness tips and resources that you can seamlessly integrate into your busy life.
CHANGE YOUR TRAJECTORY. INVEST IN YOURSELF.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY ABOUT DR. KIM’S COACHING
“I always leave the sessions feeling so much better. I didn’t want them to end.”
“You gave me hope. The need to self-manage and stay on track too.”
“Thank you for holding the space for me. I really appreciate that you enabled me to realize that part about my personal life and what I could do with that. And ensuring I breathe and slow down a bit and take time for me. Delegate.”
“It was a nice breakthrough while asking simple but powerful questions about how I could be kinder to myself. This is what is meant to be human and it’s okay. Love that!”
“I LOVED your coaching! I remember some of your questions and the way you approached things will stick with me forever. Thank you for being such an inspiration.”
“A good coach can impact a game, but a great coach can impact a person’s life. You did that for me! Bless You!”
“One of the things that makes Dr. Kim so very special is her presence which is spiritually uplifting for the soul, mindful and filled with passion, kindness and compassion for those with whom she works.”
“Dr. Kim is an insightful coach, who asked great reflective questions to bring me to that light bulb moment. I really enjoy our sessions because we focused on things I thought were holding me back. Dr. Kim helped me realize I can tackle those hard conversations and not let the other person off the hook because I went to make them feel comfortable. Instead, I can do it thoughtfully with intention and honor myself.
I highly recommend Dr. Kim as she also helped me realize the boundaries I set and keep with myself are important to stay grounded in body, mind and soul. When I keep those boundaries with myself I actually have more to give and open to really listening to others.”
Curious if Life Coaching is for you? Let's do a mini coaching session, while exploring what you're looking for in your life journey. It's important that you feel comfortable and confident that you're in the right place, at the right time, working with the right coach.
Let's meet over a Discovery Zoom call to see if we're a good fit.
© 2022 Unless otherwise noted all content is © Exercise Bytes LLC. Exercise Bytes LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.