MEET MY ALTER EGO...Kim Bercovitz, Ph.D.
Rest assured that I am not a stuffy scientist who will coach you through life transitions and optimal health solely through hard data. I’m on a mission to make self-care and self-discovery easy and accessible - one micro-step, one byte at a time.
I embody wellness: yogi (200-hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher), mindfulness maven (trained in Jon Kabat-Zinn's Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Kristen Neff's Mindful Self-Compassion), dance diva (salsa, west coast swing), exercise enthusiast and instructor (pole walking, bone fitness, diabetes, chronic disease and older adult exercise), and a certified life coach through former monk-turned-author and life coach, Jay Shetty Certification School.
If you’d like to know more about my academic/professional background, here it is:
- Ph.D. in Behavioral Science & Health from the University of Toronto where I was an adjunct professor
- Former National Cancer Institute of Canada postdoctoral fellow
- MS in Exercise and Health Studies (Miami University)
- Bachelor of Physical Education (University of British Columbia)
- Worked at renowned hospitals, including University Health Network, the largest hospital-based research program in Canada
- Published in peer-reviewed journals
- Consulted to pharmaceutical companies and health organizations about the patient disease journey experience
- Professional speaker (virtual and in-person) for the meetings and hospitality industry, human resources, associations and workplaces.
My byte-size wellness® approach is the culmination of my 30+ year research career in health and exercise promotion, disease management, aging, addictions and tobacco control. And I am now adding life coaching into the mix!
© 2023 Unless otherwise noted all content is © Exercise Bytes LLC. Exercise Bytes LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.